This book is your guide to Adventist Community Services crisis care ministry, which trains volunteers to provide emotional and spiritual care for survivors of disasters and traumatic events. Discover how crisis intervention can assist survivors in regaining control and successfully integrating the trauma into their life story.
The goal is to develop an ACS Crisis Care Network of trained volunteers who can be deployed quickly when a disaster or traumatic event occurs. Trained interventionists will be called on as needed to join community teams operated by local law enforcement agencies, fire departments, and other first responder organizations where they will be deployed with people of other faiths and professions.
This book will show you how to:
- Develop listening, assessment, responding, and problem-solving skills
- Know when to make referrals
- Meet the spiritual needs of individuals experiencing crisis
- Collaborate with disaster response partners
- Respond to post-traumatic reactions
- Understand and follow appropriate protocol
- Prepare for deployment
- Facilitate the recovery process
- Manage compassion fatigue
- And more!
This book is your complete manual to crisis care training. Filled with practical advice and proven strategies for success, Crisis Care Ministry invites us to assist in holistic relief for those experiencing crisis.
Paperback. 143 pages. Copyright 2012.